The J5Mk1 is a flexible 5W all-tube guitar amplifier with the following features:
* single channel with volume, three-band tone control, and master volume for clean und crunch
* switchable additional gain stage for overdrive with switchable power stage smooth filter
* switchable bass boost ("fat" switch)
* variable sound from clean to crunch to massive overdrive
* low power amplifier (1xEL84), so cranked power stage at low volume
* kit includes chassis, tubes, and electronical and mechanical parts in decent quality
Please find here some impressions of the interior of the amplifier, besides the front plate and the knobs all parts are included in the standard kit:
All parts of the J5Mk1 are of standard industry quality.
Scope of Supply
The J5Mk1 kit includes all neccessary parts to build a working tube amplifier as there are:
* tubes, sockets, power and output transformers
* resistors, capacitors, variable resistors
* switches, plug sockets, cable, fuse
* wire, screws, boards etc.
* aluminium chassis (WxDxH 254 x 152 x 51 mm)
Complete documentation in elektronic form:
* comprehensive manual (25 pages) with illustrations and photos
* schematic of the amplifier
* layout plan of the amplifier
* layout plan for front panel (headshell and combo version)
* layout plan for rear panel (headshell and combo version)
* drilling plan for the chassis
* knobs for 6mm axis
* cabinet (headshell or combo)
* speaker (8 or 16 Ohms)
* front plate (DIY or order one at »www.schaeffer-ag.de)
Sound presentation (video)
Variants and Options
The J5Mk1 will be available shortly as Deluxe version, including a ready to use black steel drilled and printed chassis with assembly threads. This version also includes metal shafted variable resistors (pots).
Footswitch option FS1Mk1
With this addon you can switch two functions by foot, this is typically boost and fat with the J5Mk1, but you can also remotely switch something else if wanted.